Sunday, July 22, 2007

Being a GMPian

I couldn’t pay 8 bucks for two cups of Chai to Dadu, as I had no change. He asked me to pay later. And in my mind
“Expenses a/c Debit Rs.8.00
Dadu a/c Credit Rs.8.00”
I laughed at myself.

After spending 6 years in Fashion industry this was a surprise since I expected myself to sleep in accounting classes, which I thought could never be fascinating. Other classes are no different. The first sense of ‘Being GMPian was in MHB (Managing Human Behavior) class, where each one of the class had as many perspectives as the number of people and none of the arguments were discountable. In the same week the ‘OutBound learning brought out the best of the strategies among us. I’m sure we have broken all the previous records.

Bright red skies in the evening have always been the badge of Jamshedpur. Thanks to TATA Steel. In the Campus academic grind and weekend chill outs make an incredible blend for our new lease of life far away from corporate cries. Unforgettable weekends with music from DJ (we call Bhaskar) was real delight including Folk songs of Bhojpuri, an offbeat.

The time is surely short and moving fast ; we have more of XL to experience and more synergies to create….

--------
Vijay

3 comments:

theInsider said...

Took some time to figure out the credit/debit part.Ahh! need to reinforce accounting concepts.

pintujee said...

Good blog u guys have kept. Makes for interesting reading . Anyway , who teaches u accounts now that prof. kakani has left ??? You ppl are lucky , I must say . I still remember the fear Kakani's classes evoked in all of us. Keep up the good piece of work and keep writing .

MU said...

It should be Jumper, not GMPian.